): Four persons were injured in a fire that broke out in a ship while it was being dismantled at plot number 123 of Alang shipbreaking yard on Saturday. Bhavnagar
"It was an accident caused by negligence on part of one of the workers who was using gas cutter to cut the ship. Apparently, the gas cutter severed the gas pipeline, triggering a spark that caused the fire," said chief fire officer of Alang PD Vyas.
The injured were rushed to Dr DB Parikh Hospital in
, where condition of one or more of the victims is said to be critical. Bhavnagar
Source: Times of
. 13 March 2010 India